2008-11-14

Week10 report

Alahmak!10th week already. I remember my attachment is only 20 weeks. Time flies without knowing it. Weather is getting colder. As the temperature goes down, people getting more and more “un-motivated” or you can say “lazy”. Feeling sleepy all the time, trying to find warm places, eat a lot, slack at work or even don’t want to work. Haha… My German friends, Stephen (getting colder in China as well) and I, hah…I think most of the people will have such feeling for sure when they live in cold environment, unless you are Iron Man then it is different story. Hmm… I need something to motivate myself. Do you have any ideas? Tag your answer at the right hand side. Thank you.hah…














This is sunflower, which I planted in the seeds about 2 weeks ago. I get the post card from my friends. (“While we are going green you can grow yellow.” I think the idea is pretty cool. the seeds are actually embedded inside the card.) Ya, why not “grow some yellow” on your own? And help to save our planet. So I have artificially created a “Green house” environment for it. And it just germinated recently. Haha…
I knew some Chinese friends from internet recently. They are currently study in Essen. I went to Essen last weekend. This is one building in Essen University. (“solar building”, after study solar technology, whenever I see a building with solar panel, I will take a picture. Hah…) why so special about this building is that, it has a large photovoltaic array system installed at the side of building rather than root top (in Singapore). Ya. This is what we learned in text book. Because the sun will never go above your head (90 degree to the horizon.) throughout the day at this latitude. Install the panel in such a way can maximize the usage of the solar panel. Bring out the efficiency of the solar cells.














We went to a Flea Market (跳蚤市场,集市) in Essen. It is a market, which sells some second hand stuff, or discounted fruit or vegetable. Things sells here are cheaper compare to the supermarket outside. That’s why it attract so many people to come down here every Saturday. (If you stay in Shantou 汕头, China. It is place like “金沙公园旁”, got it? Hah…)














We took a same train back to bochum, (they were going to Ruhr university to borrow some books. ) We saw many people wearing the blue and white “VFL” scarf. “It must be a football match.” So we went to the stadium to watch the game. It is Bochum against Bremen. It was my second here in the stadium watching football. But the result is not as good as it was last time. This time is 0:0. Sian…



































































I went to Cologne again this week. Why? Because there is a Carnival takes place in the city. It started at 11st Nov, 11:11 AM. People dressed with different kinds of funny clothes. Gather together, singing, cheering, dancing. Just to have fun. I also grab one can of beer. And went have fun with the crowd. (Playing knows no boundary between countries. Hah…)



























I also went to chocolate museum in Cologne. I got a chance to see the history of making chocolate, and how they actually make it. There is a production line there for you to see. I don’t like to eat dark chocolate in fact. But I like the white one. So I think for this big “chocolate Santa Claus”, I will only eat the white part. His beard for example. Hah…(if I have one.)

My project this side, I still working on the drawing of grids pattern. I have found out the problem, which causes my computer so lag when I working on “solid works”. It is because the software itself. You can’t have too many grids in one single sketch. It will slow down your computer as the number of grids goes up. By now, I am almost finished all the centerline drawing. I should be able to start record down all the coordinates by next week.















We have taken out all the cells from the car. We are now doing some cleaning for the cells using alcohol. And a picture of the solar car without solar cells. This is going to be our new driver seat on the new car. Feel quite comfortable.
Cologne church + sunset = “golden church + last few minutes” have a nice weekend! I am coming. Netherlands! Hah…

0 评论: