2008-11-07

Week9 report

Germany is getting colder right now, but the temperature is quite different throughout a day. It can be around 3 degree Celsius, and rise up to about 13 degree Celsius in daytime. However, I wish it could be colder, so I can see snow first time in my life. Let us wait! HOHO…

I went to Cologne last weekend. It was a great trip. I do the same thing as usual. Check out some information about the city I am going. Get all the places of interest marked in the map. Bring some bread, chocolate and drink in my bag. And I am ready for one day trip.
I took a train to which is located within the Ruhr area. (That mean the train ticket is free.) So I only paid 11 euro for a return ticket from to Cologne. Let me give you a short brief on Cologne. It is the fourth-largest city in Germany with the population of around 1 million. River Rhine is flowing through the city. You can actually take a ship from Düsseldorf to here. It casts you about 30 Euro. It is better to come here by water in summer. But not now, you can imagine the cold wind blowing…
This is Cologne main train station. I have been here before when I first came to Germany, it is an train interchange. I took the train from Frankfurt to Cologne and from Cologne to Bochum. Hmm…it has been 2 months. I am back again.
































This is Cologne Cathedral. (Koelner Dom) It is Cologne’s most famous landmark. Second-tallest church in the world (157 m) and one of the wrold’s largest churches. It started construction in 1248, and complete in 1880. It is about 600 years. This is the largest church I have seen so far. Standing in front of it. You feel like getting closer to the heaven. As you can see architecture design. (Two tower straight into the sky.)
This is photo taken inside the nave of the cathedral. I like the colorful glass window inside. It is around 20 meters tall. In addition, it is said that, every window reflect a story, which is written inside the Bible. (I am not a Christian. so I have no idea.hah…)















This is a best photo point for the overview of the cathedral.( I find out from the internet.)














This is the famous “4711” shop. It sells Eau de Cologne (Water from cologne,古龙水) “4711” is a street name. Now it becomes the brand for this Eau de Cologne. When Napoleon and his French troops occupied cologne, this “water” is gifts for the soldier to bring back to hometown for their love one.

I have submitted my report to my professor and NP. Finally finished it. Hoho… Hope I can get some feedback from NP.

I am working on the grid patterning for the 3D car model using “solid works” this week. I get one more monitor from Mathias. With two displays, I can do some drawing in one screen, and record the data in other screen. But my computer is not power enough, it is very very lag when I drawing “solid works”. I need to figure out a way to solve this. Sian…
I went to a Barbershop to have my hair cut today. It is second time already. First time it was about 4 weeks ago. However, it was not so good, because the barber don’t understand English. I tried my best to explain, but was useless. So this time I ask my friend Martin to write down in a piece of paper with “how to cut” in German. So I can just show this to the barber. Hah… Stupid idea, but it works. Hah…Have a nice weekend!

0 评论: