2008-10-31

Week8 report

Now is 8th week already. Do you guys notices something? Look at the clock at the right side. Because we are using wintertime now. Therefore, it is no longer 6 hours different from China and Singapore. But 7 hours. (Everything changed automatically. My clock in my handphone, computer etc. ) 1st Nov is my friend Stephen’s birthday… (Stephen: Happy birthday to you! And hope you do well in China. God will be always with you.) Moreover, today it is Our Ngee Ann Poly 45 Anniversary celebration. Happy birthday to NP as well. (I miss the celebration…Sian ah…)


Oh..Ya. My weight increased to 64Kg already. Haha…I remember first when I came to Singapore three years ago is around 52Kg.i made joke about Xuanming’s weigh 3 years ago. Now it is going to be his turn…Sian…My friends keep on asking me whether the food in Germany nice? Ya…they taste good…I love it…Exercise? NO…The weather is damn cold outside…I don’t want…hah…
I didn’t go to any places last weekend. (busy with my report) But at the beginning of this week. I have experienced something, which never happened in my life before. I “lose” my laptop…Haha…
I went to school as usual in the morning, but after I went to workshop, finished my stuff. I was going to use my laptop. But I can’t find it on the table. OMG…I was like, Damn it. All my report, photos, files… what can I do. I told my professor, my friends. My friends Mathias even drive me to my house to look for it. We called the subway service center, police…I called my father, friends, and Mr. Lee. (Haha…funny…isn’t ?)Lucky I got it back in the office…虚惊一场 it ruins my Monday….sian. (T.T)
Anyway, I got several works to do in this week. Arne Austing, team chief for mechanical team. He taught me some drawing technique on “solid works”. I need to use these techniques to draw “something” on the car. And record down all the data. (More detail in my report. Sorry, but I can’t tell you guys more in this blog.) I am new to this software. Therefore, it is a bit tricky for me. But any way. I am in the right track now. The one with curly hair is Arne. The other one is Mathias who drives with me to my house looking for Laptop…hah…Thanks…

We start to take out all the cells from the old car this week. Why? Because we don’t get money for new solar cell. They are too expensive. So we got to reuse them. Take them out from the car. Do some cleaning, measuring and stuff like that.














The top cover of the car needs to be separated from the body. This is my first time to saw the solar car without the cover. We used knife to take out the solar cells. This process required people to be extremely careful. The solar cell can break easily if not handle properly.
This is to clean away the remaining double-sided tape on the back of the solar cell. Be careful...Be careful…
This is a de-soldering station. It is to take out the remaining wiring at the back of the cells. Alex was doing it.
So…This is one string of solar cell. There are 23 cells connected in series. This string is equivalent to almost 7000 US Dollar. I got 7000 in my hand… LOL.

It has been a long time for me staying at home in the weekend. Feel a bit tired so bored. I need a break. I’m going to Cologne tomorrow. Hoho…
“You look tired, Lin. You do need a break. Go for it! Have a nice weekend!” Said by a stuff who was doing testing for the wheel.Haha… (Joking)

0 评论: