2008-10-10

Week5 report

Haha… one more week has pass by. Weather here is getting colder. It rains some time. Nice to hear from my teacher in Singapore. Knowing that our new EE Society is planning FOC (Freshman Orientation Camp) right now. (Just Chatted with Stephen by MSN, hah…He got the same feeling as me, we miss our “FOC time”. Haha…Time flies, it feels like yesterday, but the truth is that we are final year student already.)


OK…Enough for Singapore now back to Germany…haha…I went to Dusseldorf with my friends last weekend. It is the capital city of the state. (North Rhine-Westphalia) Rhine River is one of the most important rivers in Europe. City Dusseldorf is where the river flows through. This photo was taken by the riverside.


Look down from the TV Tower (Rheinturm) 240 meters high














This is Dusseldorf city hall

My Spanish flat mate he taught me how to cook traditional Spanish food this week. It is call Tortilla de Patatas (it is basically egg omelette with fried potatoes) So we made two plates. And we have our dinner together first time. Why do I say it is first time? Haha.. there is story inside. For me, I have my dinner at around 6 pm usually, And other two German guys they have their dinner at around 7 pm. (consider normal…hah…) but our Spanish friend he has his dinner at 10 pm. (It is common for people in Spain to take their dinner at around 10 or 11 pm.) So… that time was his first time to take his dinner at 7 pm. (The guy stand beside me is from Spain, he is a good chef.)
















So this is Tortilla de Patatas….Hmm… Taste good…I know how to cook it already. I will find a chance to put the theory into practices.


I went to a party this week. It was my flat mate’s friend birthday party. First time to attend such a party. And my first time to communicate with westerner in Chinese. (They study economy and politics for East Asia area, Just came back from their internship in China.) They can speak Chinese very well. And the Chinese they speak has Beijing accent. It was quite funny. Hah…Surprise!














This is another party with all the Spanish. We are cooking “paella”. It is a very famous Spanish food. (Seafood rice basically, but we change it to meat because seafood is expensive here.) It looks “Hot”, and taste really good.

Coming back to school














I saw something, which I think is a good example for answering why German Engineer is so popular in the world. Hah…A friend of mine, He is complaining his laptop keyboard is too “soft” for him.(there is not much reinforced structure on the back of the keyboard.) He took out a piece of unused carbon fiber sheet. Within few minutes, a carbon fiber reinforced keyboard has done.
And it works very well. (Key words: DIY, Practical skill)


I am now working on two A0 size electrical system schematic. These schematic for the old car were base on two different motor controllers, my leader ask me to draw them out using ”eplan”, and translate all the terms into English. There is a lots of works to do. I also bring my work back to home. Working OT…(without pay…haha..)

By the time I posted this report. I got a big problem. I lost my files. (The file was deleted accidently by other software…..OMG….!!!!!!!!!! 60% of works has gone!) It ruins my weekend!I need to work on weekend….. Sianz….
You……… guys……..have…………a………nice……..weekend……..

0 评论: