2008-10-03

Week4 report

First, I would like to thanks Mr Lee for giving me so many suggestions. They are very useful for me.
It has been 1 month since I came here. My flat mates finally came back from holiday. It is great to see them. One guys from Spain. He is doing his attachment here in Ruhr University. Another one is from Germany. He just came back from Japan. Lucky they all know how to speak English.hah …And it is funny to see my friend and I cooking western food and Chinese food at the same time.(I should take some photo next time.) Haha…































I went go Munich for Oktoberfest last weekend. It was a nice trip. You can see people from all over the world. They wear traditional German clothes. It was crowded down there in the theme park. They were here for one reason: Beer! One glass is one liter! In Germany, they called it “one Mugs”!

Moreover, I visited few castles (located in different cities). They are : Neuschwanstein Castle, Hohenschwangau Castle, Heidelberg Castle. Here we go!
















Neuschwanstein Castle is one of the most famous castles in Germany. It was built by King Ludwig in 19th-century. It is place of fairy tale. For me..Hah.. It is more like a heaven. You can close your eye and imagine if you are standing on the top of the castle. Clouds are around you. Thousands of houses are under your feet. And your back is the Alps Mountain. You dominate the whole view of these. Oh…Man…You got the whole world in this moment! (It is good to be a king~hah)



















Hohenschwangau Castle which is located near the Neuschwanstein castle. Where King Ludwig lived in during the construction of Neuschwanstein castle. but what a pity, He died during the construction of the new castle. It is yellow in color. As you can see from the photo, it is completely different style.


















Heidelberg Castle is a famous castle ruin in Germany. It was built in AD 1214. But was destroyed during the war. There is a huge wine cask inside the castle.(Largest one in the world) It was said that the king who stay here can’t live without wine. Wine means water for him.
































Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart City,This city is the headquarter for Benz company. I got to know more about the car history. From the first steam engine car to the latest modern car, Haha…(Oh ya…Singapore is having F1 night race right now. Let’s cheer for Singapore!)














Castle square in Stuttgart

Ok, Back to my project.

This week’s electrical meeting is the first time our leader trying to conduct it in English. Although it is only 20% in English,but it is a big step for me.
Most of our team members they are writing their report for last year World Solar Challenge in USA. (It is part of their graduation works.) And some of our team members were graduated recently. Right now our solar team is recruiting new members. There is a lot of logistics stuff they need to do. (But I can’t do much help on this.) Beside that, our mechanical team they are busy with the modeling of the new car. (Remember I went to the EEW company two weeks before?) After weeks of discussion with our professor and the company, we decide to build the negative form part by part. (It will shorten the consumption of time) we have re-ordered the material from other company, Hope we can finish the modeling by next few weeks.


For me, I still busy with the small model car. Because our total number for the cell was increased to 2118,(told by our professor) So…Boh Bian, I got to take out all the “cell sticker”, (The cell position need to be changed) and make new one. I got it done finally. And my professor is happy with my work. Hah…The photo is part of the cell module from the model car. (You can’t see the car yet.)

I was told by my leader to learn two software by myself. (not material given, start from nothing.) we are going to use them for the electrical component position drawing. ”solidworks” and ”eplan” So…I think for the next two weeks. I will be doing this all the time. T.T































Oh ya!…… I went to see their model form for the old car (both positive form and negative form) this two forms are use to do the lamination of carbon fiber. It is made by glass fiber. (more detail in my report)


Today is German National day. (3rd of Oct) China national day was two days before (1st of Oct).
Happy birthday to these two countries!
















Meeting with the whole team.















My team leader- Armin:Are you trying to be funny ?)hah…

Have a nice weekend!

0 评论: