2008-12-05

Week13 report

Quick update from this week: I have finished all coordinate’s data collection for over thousand measuring points that cover the surface of the car. Every single point consists of six different numbers. Because the software (solid works) somehow not “intelligent enough”. Therefore, this work needs to be done manually. Key in the data one by one. T.T

Armin :”Oh..Lin…you make it…” HOHO…Yes, I do…

I got a new task from my “Uncle”--Mathias (He is the oldest in our team. Nice person..hmm…). What I am going to do in the next few weeks, is to do some testing with the batteries we have. Do some measurement. I will be doing this task with one more partner, Nils. By the way, he is also new member for the team like me as well. And both of us know nothing about battery testing stuff. So we will start with some research first. Oh, Ya! And furthermore, he has been attached to Singapore for his internship. Haha…Surprise me. There is someone, who has “something in common” with me here finally. We talk about “Chicken rice”,“Laksa”,”Satay”,”Curry chicken””Roti Prata” etc. And he said he like Asian food very much. Hmm…For me,I like German food here now. The reason I think very obviously.

It makes me recall when I first came to Singapore, it was one time when Xuanming and I both of us having lunch at the school. He asked me whether I like the food in Singapore or not. I said yes yes. He said sooner or later you will be sian with all these foods here.hah… It is true. After few years of study in NP, we eat from canteen to SIM, from SIM to alumni clubhouse. hah… and now, I think, cook on your own is the only solution. BTW, I can cook rice without a rice cooker already. Haha...

We have a workshop last weekend. It was the second half continued from the previous workshop. Again, I will only show some of the steps here. More detail will be shown in my final report.















Same trainer, he was teaching us how to do the lamination on the parts. Please note that these blue color negative molds are from “solar world No.1”. We will build the positive form base on this mold using glass fiber. These two molds can be screw up together.














Then Followed by few layers of glass fiber that already mixed with chemical. After that is the vacuum bag to suck out the chemical.














So this is the part we have built. Taking out the part from the mold.














Next, this is the “main course”, First we started from take out the mold which we have built last week. with the help of compressed air, the mold can be easily separated from the base.














Apply wax to the surface of the mold. Wax can use to fill up the holes, which caused by the air bubbles. After few layers of carbon fiber lamination, we added a form inside. It became a typical “sandwich structure” .














Last layer of carbon fiber, then followed by vacuum bag. That’s all. Haha…
By went through all these workshop, I have a general idea of how carbon and glass fiber work. It was a very useful workshop.
Lastly, a group photo of all the trainees.
I have been working continuously for over the past two weeks. Loss my weigh recently also, now is around 63KG. 64 became history already. hah…OK.. stop here. I need to pack my bag. I’m going to Paris, France this weekend. hoho…Enjoy your weekend!

0 评论: