2008-12-14

Week14 report

It is week 14 already. Friends in Singapore they are having common test. My teammates they all are having test as well these few weeks. So, all the best to all of them!
I went to Paris last weekend. Because our bus departs at Essen, so I went to Essen to visit my friends there. And had my dinner there with them. After our dinner, my friend helped me to cut my hair. Haha… So with this new hairstyle (Actually there is not much change.), I went to Paris.


Paris is really a nice city. We got to know other cities through different kinds of medias. But when you actually stand right there in that city. The feeling is completely different. All the history is there right in front of you. Touchable













This is Notre Dame de Paris (巴黎圣母院). It is also gothic architecture. (Same style as cologne Dom.) Started construction in 1163, and completed around 1345.














So this is the famous structure, a global icon of France --- Eiffel Tower. It is 324 meters high, equivalent to about 81 stories in a conventional building. It weighs 7300 tonnes. This is the photo taken from a special angle. From this angle, you can see the “underwear” of Eiffel Tower. (Tour guide told us.)













This is the girders view. You can see some workers wear red uniform. They were doing some maintenance for the Eiffel Tower. People call them “spider man for Eiffel Tower”. They maintain the tower every 10 years.














This is view from the second platform of the tower. From here, you can get the full view of Paris. But the wind quite strong up there.














“I got the whole world in my hand…” ”I got the tower in my hand…” hah…

















Lastly Full view of Eiffel tower, and Eiffel tower at night, it is illuminated in blue color to celebrate the French presidency of the EU.

























































This is the Arc de Triomphe(凯旋门). In front of it, is the famous Avenue. The Avenue des Champs-Élysées (香榭丽舍大街). There are many luxury shops. Lucky I am not interested in all these stuff. Hah… (The only brand I know so far is LV…Am I out of date? Hah..) So I blur blur anyhow walk. Take photo when I see something new. Ya. Mcdonald’s there is quite expensive. A Mac chicken set meal cost about 5 SGD in Singapore. But here, it cost 6 euro. Hah… That is around 12 SGD.






















































This is the Louvre Museum. It used to be a Palace for the king of France. But now it is a museum with a collection of nearly 35000 objects. I don’t know most of them…hah…Art is too chim for a engineering student like me. But, at least, I know Mona Lisa. Hah… It is quite small actually. Millions of People come from all over the world just to see Mona Lisa her smile.














This is Sacré-Cœur Basilica.(圣心大教堂) and I was feeding the birds.














Ok, My project this side. Nils and I still doing some research on the Battery. And I also find one reseller for the battery we want. This is the part we have build last week. Final product-- carbon fiber car door. I was doing some soldering on LEDs. (for solar cell testing purpose) Ok…Let’s end here. I got something on. Have a nice weekend. Tschüss ( “Goodbye” in German).

0 评论: