2009-01-17

Week19 report

Week 19, Hmm… Some of my friends already finished their attachment in other country and going back to Singapore recently. I will see my friends they all in two weeks time. My birthday in Chinese calendar is coming..hoho…(Next Monday)…Followed by Chinese new year.(24th of Jan this year.) Don’t know is there any celebration here in Germany? But lucky I knew some Chinese friends over here. Maybe we will have a big meal together in new year eve. But hear from them said, they got a exam in the first day of Chinese new year….haha…sian

Ok…Summary for this week:

I went to Hamburg with some friends last weekend. and stay a night over there in a motel. (Too late when we arrived there, can not find a hostel or hotel.) I get to know the second largest city in Germany.














There is a demonstration in Duisburg train station by the Turkish community. It is to against the recent war in Gaza. War…hope peace will come to the people of Gaza as soon as possible.
We took a bus tour around a city. I think is the easiest way to explore a new city. This is the city hall in Hamburg.















We also have an Elbe River cruise. Hamburg is a well-known port in Europe. Now is wintertime, ice block is floating on the river. (My first time see this scenery.) Small ship is not power enough to break the ice block, so it get stop in the middle of the river. (Happy to see this…幸灾乐祸hah…Lucky we have a big ship.)
























The most impressive thing I have seen for this trip is this, the Miniatur Wunderland. A model railway attraction in Hamburg. The largest one in the world. This “micro world”, which consist of 900 trains made up of 12000 carriages; 300000 lights; 200000 trees and 200000 human figures. My friend said, it is a traditional German hobby to build all this model train. Hah…(No wonder the rail way system in Germany is so well-developed. Training starts from kids…hah…) can you see a Mini cooper in the photo?hah...
I have submitted my report to my professor. In the next two weeks, I will be working on my final report.Ok..have a nice weekend!

0 评论: