2009-01-03

Week17 report

Only one month left… Then I will be back in Singapore. Start to miss this place. Hmm… It was a very nice holiday this week. I traveled more than 3000 kilometers in total distance. Start my trip from: Germany(Essen)-Austria(Innsbruck)-Italy(Venice-Rome-Vatican-Florence-Milano)-Switzerland
(Lucerne)-Germany(Essen)
Feel Very tired… But it was a very fruitful trip. Really…“读万卷书,行万里路” (It's more fruitful to travel over tens of thousands of miles than to read tens of thousands of books.)















The Alps. I know about this mountain in my geographical textbook. But I saw it with my own eyes. This is only a small portion in Austria. The city Innsbruck is located at the foot of the mountain. WoW..We human are so small compare to the Mother Nature. (I can’t imagine the consequence of What Global warming is doing to our mother nature. Will the following generation be able to see all these? I am questioning.)




























This is Venice. “City of water” “City of Bridges””City of light”…people gives all these beautiful names to her. It is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. The only transportation in this place is boat. One traditional boat here in Venice called Gondola. As you can see in the photos.
Traditional marks are “name card” for Venice as well. They are use for Carnival of Venice. You can buy them for house decoration.















Vatican--The smallest county in the world in terms of population and area. ( Singapore is a big county compare to Vatican.) This is the Saint Peter Dome. It is the world’s largest church. It is said that, if you have visited this church. Then you not need to go to the other churches in the rest of the world. It is so amazing. Really feel myself get very close to the god.














Rome. A city of history. You can find many ruins from ancient Rome in the city. Walking down the street, every piece of brick fees like attracting you to stand in front of them and listen the voice from few thousand years ago. No wonder people in Rome said, you are walking in the history as you walk into Rome. That is the famous Colosseum in Rome. (Not need to explain this. Everybody know it.)














The man-like thing in the photo is the “Mouth of truth”. If you have watched the movie “Roman Holiday” then you should know it. (Put your hand into his mouth. If you telling a lie. He can bite your hand…) Dare you put your hand inside it?











Lastly the Trevi Fountain. I have thrown two coins into this Fountain. Hope my wishes will come true.


















Florence. The Duomo of Florence. It was built by colorful marble. Looks like thousands of flowers. I like it Chinese translation. 百花大教堂. The other one is the city hall of Florence.


















Leaning Tower of Pisa. “The tower leans at an angle of 3.97 degrees. It means that the top of the tower is 3.9 meters from where it would stand if the tower were perfectly vertical.”(From Wikipedia) I got the tower in my hand. hoho…














This is the football stadium in Milan. It is the home stadium for famous football clubs: A.C. Milan. and F.C Internazionale Milano. I am not a football fan. But I know this team is a very good team. Hah…But I am a “Bochumer”. So I support Bochum football team. Haha…VFL scarft! (If Milan football fan see this, confirm kill me for sure…haha)





























Milan Cathedral—typical Gothic architecture. Got shock with its appearance. It looks similar to cologne Dom inside from my point of view. Pizza….food from Italy. Of cause must try it. I don’t like pizza actually. But that one tasted nice. Better than pizza hub I think. The train in Milan. Kind of ”subway”.




























Here we are in Switzerland. A city called Lucerne. The Lion Monument. It is a sculpture in the city. And Chapel Bridge. The oldest wooden bridge in Europe. Switzerland is famous for her watch and Swiss Army knife. I have bought some Swiss knife for souvenir.
Photo taken in Switzerland.It comes to end of my trip. And the end of Christmas holiday as well. Next week need to come back school lor…hah…working again…Yes! New Year! New start! Have a nice weekend!

0 评论: